Senior Marketing Strategist Contractor
As an extension of Shaw/Scott's Strategy team, you will be a key part of a cross-functional group working with our clients to help them optimize interactive marketing strategies and tactics. You'll use your analytical skills and digital marketing experience to help your clients gain important insights into and across various digital marketing channels – and then use this insight to develop marketing strategies and tactics to drive improved results and better marketing ROI.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a combination of interactive direct marketing and quantitative analytical skills, along with consultative experience helping clients improve their marketing performance. Strong experience in email marketing is critical, with some level of work in mobile optimization, SMS, and social media.
- Utilize your extensive retail industry expertise to design and optimize retention and loyalty marketing efforts for midmarket to enterprise multichannel retail brands.
- Provide quantitative and strategic marketing consulting services to new and existing clients. Examples include:
- Campaign optimization: Work with clients to improve email and online marketing campaign performance. Develop strategic recommendations for improved performance of client's email marketing initiatives
- Lifecycle marketing program development: Analyze existing lifecycle programs, and develop strategies to improve or create acquisition, retention, cross-sell, and win-back programs.
- Marketing program optimization audits: Conduct detailed assessments of current marketing or email programs and make actionable recommendations for improvement
- Share insights: Help clients gain insights into their business and customer behavior through reporting and analysis of campaign data, transactional data, customer profile data, etc.
- Support the following activities while working with clients and Shaw/Scott internal teams:
- Creating marketing communications strategies and plans, including marketing playbooks
- Developing profiles/personas of targeted consumers for marketing communications
- Assessing customer data to develop customer segment recommendations
- Determining most effective communications channels and tools
- Determining timing and cadence, and other characteristics of campaigns and programs
- Creating test plans and analyzing their efficacy
- Define performance metrics and measurement schemes
- Creating documents to communicate findings and recommendations and presenting them to clients
- Conducting industry or functional research and related analyses to support client service work
- 5+ years of experience in interactive marketing: email marketing, social media, website analytics, search marketing, online acquisition
- Solid understanding of the online marketing space with knowledge of direct marketing principles and research techniques
- Current knowledge around email marketing opportunities and challenges including deliverability, creative, segmentation and modeling, privacy and data security, etc.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills (including data mining)
- Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Well-organized, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines while demonstrating enthusiasm towards colleagues and clients
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
This job operates in a remote work environment with the possibility of travel to professional office settings and other events locally and nationally. Any travel requirements will be mutually assessed with safety in mind in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.