Email Marketing Strategist
As an extension of Shaw/Scott's Strategy team, you will be a key part of a cross-functional group working with our clients to help them optimize interactive marketing strategies and tactics. You'll use your analytical skills and digital marketing experience to help your clients gain important insights into and across various digital marketing channels – and then use this insight to develop marketing strategies and tactics to drive improved results and better marketing ROI.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a combination of interactive direct marketing and quantitative analytical skills, along with consultative experience helping clients improve their marketing performance. Strong experience in email marketing is critical, with some level of work in mobile optimization, SMS, and social media.
- Utilize your FinTech and/or Travel industry expertise to design and optimize retention and loyalty marketing efforts for midmarket to enterprise multichannel brands.
- Provide quantitative and strategic marketing consulting services to new and existing clients. Examples include:
- Campaign optimization: Work with clients to improve email and online marketing campaign performance. Develop strategic recommendations for improved performance of client's email marketing initiatives
- Lifecycle marketing program development: Analyze existing lifecycle programs, and develop strategies to improve or create acquisition, retention, cross-sell, and win-back programs
- Marketing program optimization audits: Conduct detailed assessments of current marketing or email programs and make actionable recommendations for improvement
- Share insights: Help clients gain insights into their business and customer behavior through reporting and analysis of campaign data, transactional data, customer profile data, etc.
- Support the following activities while working with clients and Shaw/Scott internal teams:
- Creating marketing communications strategies and plans, including marketing playbooks
- Developing profiles/personas of targeted consumers for marketing communications
- Assessing customer data to develop customer segment recommendations
- Determining most effective communications channels and tools
- Determining timing and cadence, and other characteristics of campaigns and programs
- Creating test plans and analyzing their efficacy
- Define performance metrics and measurement schemes
- Creating documents to communicate findings and recommendations and presenting them to clients
- Conducting industry or functional research and related analyses to support client service work
- 5+ years of experience in interactive marketing: email marketing, social media, website analytics, search marketing, online acquisition
- Solid understanding of the online marketing space with knowledge of direct marketing principles and research techniques
- Current knowledge around email marketing opportunities and challenges including deliverability, creative, segmentation and modeling, privacy and data security, etc.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills (including data mining)
- Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Well-organized, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines while demonstrating enthusiasm towards colleagues and clients
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree required
Work Environment / Travel
Business hours are Monday to Friday, with a typical 9 to 5 schedule in your respective time zone. Although rare, some weekend and evening work might be necessary, especially for projects with tight deadlines. Some client on-site meetings may be required, depending on industry and client needs.
Shaw/Scott is committed to a healthy and diverse workplace with opportunity for all. We are a remote company with employee concentrations in Seattle, Chicago, San Francisco, Mexico City, Vancouver, London, and Budapest.
Shaw/Scott is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shaw/ Scott, we strive to be a company where people from all walks of life can be successful. Individuals who are members of groups underrepresented in the tech and marketing industries are especially encouraged to apply. We welcome team members of all races, genders, religions, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, as well as veterans and those with physical or mental disabilities.