Creative Director - Remote/Virtual
About the Role
Shaw/Scott, an award-winning digital marketing agency, is in search of a Creative Director. As Creative Director, you'll lead an experienced and talented multidisciplinary team of writers, designers, and developers, providing thought leadership as the brand steward for Shaw/Scott and its clients. Ideal candidates have worked extensively in a CRM channel, such as email, mobile and web. This position affords the candidate the chance to work with an incredible global client list including some of the most recognized brands within a fun, innovative and respectful workplace. This position is full-time and remote.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Owner of creative thought leadership for Shaw/Scott and our clients
- Must understand, articulate, and strategically apply the latest platform, industry, creative trends, and digital best practices in email, mobile and web.
- Lead and develop a seasoned team of writers and designers and developers
- Develop engaging and innovative communications.
- Team-up with the service line managers to ensure all deliverables are on track.
- Actively support and participate in new business development.
- Own the P&L for creative team, budget and forecasting
- Collaborate with inter-agency departments and teams to develop a variety of content needs that meets creative and strategic criteria (client briefs, feedback, client KPIs, etc.), and delivers on measurable business results for your client
- Operate as quality control for the creative team for both Shaw/Scott and clients
- Attend client meetings and be the voice that communicates creative vision and processes, bringing stellar presentation skills to the table.
- Work to streamline creative processes to improve team structure at a wider level, providing input on wider operational systems as needed.
- Manage and mentor creative staff and freelancers to ensure their work meets the agency standards, including the ability to clearly articulate feedback and provide constructive oversite that elevates the creative product.
- Strong and consistent team player attributes as a member of the leadership team of the company.
The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of 7+ years of professional experience at a creative agency.
- Creative portfolio showcasing a background in performance and email marketing.
- Have significant knowledge in direct response, including testing strategies, versioning and analytics.
- Exceptional management experience leading teams, including ability to qualify, prioritize and delegate workloads for your team.
- Enthusiasm for performance/email marketing, emerging design trends and innovations.
- Experience building strong client relationships and build confidence as a leader who can manage work while successfully interpreting their brands
- Partner with clients to help them understand ideas and act as a guide in any situation, while able to pivot thinking and adjust style when necessary.
- Mastery of industry and digital best practices coupled with a strong knowledge of platform/Industry/creative trends, in order to articulate and strategically apply to creative executions.
- A strong creative vision and understanding of client/ agency business needs and objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the following programs/tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Figma + Sketch, Slack, PPT
- Substantial familiarity with HTML development capabilities and constraints
Business hours are Monday to Friday, with a typical 9 to 5 schedule in your respective time zone. Although rare, some weekend and evening work might be necessary, especially for projects with tight deadlines. Some client on-site meetings may be required, depending on the industry and client needs.
Shaw/Scott is committed to a healthy and diverse workplace with opportunity for all. We are a remote company with employee concentrations in Seattle, Chicago, San Francisco, Mexico City, Vancouver, London, and Budapest. Ideal candidates will be near one of our West Coast hubs, though not essential.
Shaw/Scott is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shaw/ Scott, we strive to be a company where people from all walks of life can be successful. Individuals who are members of groups underrepresented in the tech and marketing industries are especially encouraged to apply. We welcome team members of all races, genders, religions, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, as well as veterans and those with physical or mental disabilities.